What is the SSS Sickness Benefit, and How to Avail It?
The SSS Sickness benefit is a daily cash allowance paid by the Social Security System (SSS) for the number of days that a qualified member cannot work due to sickness or injury.
Qualifying Conditions in Availing SSS Sickness Benefit
- Cannot work due to sickness/injury and is confined at home/hospital for at least four (4) days and a maximum of one hundred twenty (120) days in one (1) calendar year.
- Has paid at least there (3)months of contribution within the 12 months immediately before the semester of sickness or injury (For example, a member was sick in December 2017, they have at least three months paid contributions from July 2016 to June 2017)
- The member had used up their company-paid sick leave for the current year, or they have no paid sick leave credits.
- The member must have notified their Employer or the SSS directly (for separated from employment, the self-employed or voluntary member, including OFW member) for his sickness or injury.
- The member must notify or submit the SSS Sickness Notification Form within five (5) calendar days after the start of confinement (home confinement) and one year for hospital confinement,
Documents Needed to Avail the SSS Sickness Benefit
- Accomplished SSS Sickness notification form, you can download documents at sss.gov.ph).
- Photo Copy of SSS ID (UMID/SSS ID) or any two valid ID’s
- Original or Certified True Copy of Medical Documents (varies from illness or injury)
- Operative Record with Surgeon’s License Number (for those who undergo an operation)
- Any Laboratory Results needed as an attachment, depending on the sickness or injury (example: X-ray, MRI, CBC, U/A, etc.)
- Medical Certificate and Medical Abstract Summary (for hospital admission)
Sample of SSS Sickness Benefit Application Form
Part 1 to be filled out by the member, and Part 3 medical Part (must be filled out by the Attending Physician) before submitting it to your Employer or SSS.
SSS Sickness Benefit Amount
The member’s daily Sickness Benefit Allowance is equivalent to (90% of the member’s average daily salary credit). And is computed based on the qualifying posted contributions.
For employed members, the Employer should pay in advance the Sickness Benefit.
And for the voluntary members must file reimbursement directly to SSS.
To receive more info on SSS Benefits and other Government Services, Like and Follow us on Facebook: Pinoytips!