What is the SSS Sickness Benefit, and How to Avail It?
SSS Sickness benefit is a daily cash allowance paid by the Social Security System (SSS) for the number of days that a qualified member is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
Qualifying Conditions in Availing SSS Sickness Benefit
- The member is unable to work due to sickness or injury and is confined either at home or in a hospital for at least 4 days and a maximum of 120 days in one (1) calendar year.
- The Member has paid at least 3 months of contribution within the 12-month period immediately before the semester of sickness or injury (For example a member was sick in December 2017, he/she have at least 3 months paid contributions from July 2016 to June 2017)
- The member had used up his/her company paid sick leave for the current year or he/she has no paid sick leave credits.
- The member must have notified his/her employer or the SSS directly (for separated from employment, the self-employed or voluntary member, including OFW member) for his sickness or injury
- The member must notify or submit the SSS Sickness Notification Form within five (5) calendar days after the start of confinement (home confinement) and 1 year for hospital confinement,
Documents Needed to Avail the SSS Sickness Benefit
- Duly accomplished SSS Sickness notification form (form downloadable at sss.gov.ph).
- Photo Copy of SSS ID (UMID/SSS ID) or any 2 valid ID’s
- Original or Certified True Copy of Medical Documents (varies from illness or injury)
- Operative Record with Surgeon’s License Number (for those who undergo an operation)
- Any Laboratory Results needed as an attachment, depending on the sickness or injury (example: X-ray, MRI, CBC, U/A, etc.)
- Medical Certificate and Medical Abstract Summary (for hospital admission)
Sample of SSS Sickness Benefit Application Form
Part 1 should be filled out by the member and Part 3 medical Part (must be filled out by the Attending Physician) before submitting it to your employer or SSS.
SSS Sickness Benefit Amount
The amount of the member’s daily Sickness Benefit Allowance is equivalent to (90% of the member’s average daily salary credit) this is computed based on the qualifying posted contributions.
For employed members, the Employer should advance the Sickness Benefit in advance. And for the voluntary members, reimbursement must be filed directly to SSS.
To receive more info on SSS Benefits and other Government Services, Like and Follow us on Facebook: 2Go Promo Fares!