Here are the GCQ minimum public health standards to comply with all areas under the General Community Quarantine.
Under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ), the movement of all persons is limited to accessing essential goods and services and for work in the offices or industries that are permitted to operate.
Movement for Leisure purposes is not allowed, and work in government offices may be at total operational capacity or under such alternative work arrangement as per the Civil Service Commission (CSC) issued guidelines.
GCQ Minimum Public Health Standards
Not Allowed to Go Out
The following persons are not allowed to go out for the duration of the General Community Quarantine, except when obtaining essential goods.
- Persons sixty (60) years old and above
- Persons under twenty-one (21) years old
- Persons with immunodeficiency, comorbidities, or other health risks
- Pregnant Women
- Any person who resided with those mentioned above.
Except when obtaining essential goods.
Allowed to operate
Category I Industries (Full Operation)
- Agriculture, fishery, and forestry industries
- Food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses, including retail food establishments such as:
- Grocery stores
- And food preparation establishments insofar as takeout and delivery services.
- Health-Related Establishments
- Information Technology and Telecommunication companies
Category II Industries (50% to fully operational)
- Mining and other manufacturing export-oriented
- Electronic Commerce companies
- Delivery, Repair and maintenance, and housing and office services
Category III Industries
(50% Work-On-Site Arrangement, 50% Work-from-Home or Other Alternative Work)
- Financial Services
- Legal and accounting, and auditing services
- Professional, scientific, technical, and other non-leisure services
- Non-leisure wholesale and retail establishments
- Malls/Shopping Centers except for leisure establishments. People age under 21 years and 60 years old and above are only allowed to enter to buy essential goods and services.
- Essential and Private construction projects such as but not limited to, the following are allowed to operate following the issued guidelines of the DPWH:
- Water service facilities
- Digital works
- Health Facilities
- Priority Projects
Not allowed to operate
- Amusement, gaming, and fitness establishments
- Kids and tourism industries
- Hotels or Similar Establishments except those accommodating the following:
- For areas outside Luzon with guests who have an existing booking for foreigners as of May 1, 2020.
- Guests who have existing long term bookings
- Distressed OFWs and stranded Filipino or foreign nationals
- Repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers in compliance with the approved quarantine protocols
- Non-OFWs may be required to undergo mandatory facility-based quarantine.
- Healthcare workers and other employees from exempted establishments under the Omnibus Guidelines and applicable Memoranda from the Executive Secretary/
Provided that the hotel operations shall only be limited to the provision of basic lodging needs of the guests.
- Physical classes shall be suspended for the duration of the General Community Quarantine. However, Higher Education Institutions can:
- Hold classes through flexible learning arrangements to finish AY 2019-2020.
- Operate in a limited capacity to receive students’ requirements
- Prepare and issue credentials to students
Subject to the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) issued guidelines.
- Mass gatherings are still prohibited and highly discouraged. However, essential work gatherings and religious activities may continue as long as strict social distancing is maintained at the entire event and subject to the following conditions:
- At least two (2) meters distance between and among the attendees.
- Mandatory wearing of face masks, face shields, or other facial protective equipment for all participants or attendees.
Rail, road, maritime, and aviation sectors of public transportation to operate at a reduced capacity and in accordance with the DOTR issued guidelines.
For all public transports, observe a strict one (1) meter distance at all times.
Stay safe, everyone!
For updates on public health and safety tips, Like and Follow us on Facebook: Pinoy Tips!